Tuesday, December 13, 2011

We're no angels

I just love that song...it is simple but beautiful. It is from the movie "We're No Angels". It is the old version of the movie with Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray and Peter Ustinov. It is a comedy about three convicts trying to escape from Devil's Island. Fate intervenes when they hide out with a kindly but inept man Felix and his family. The convicts take the family under their wing and help them but they themselves are touched by the kindly family. In one scene...Aldo Ray is talking and this line is so profound and has stayed with me for years..."If crime showed on a man's face, there wouldn't be any mirrors." Mull on that one.
I know this is an old movie, but I hope you will watch it and enjoy, laugh and appreciate your family.

3 comments:

  1. I think I will watch that movie on Thursday--one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love We're No Angels, even though it's an old movie. Christmas tradition in our house.--Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my fave Christmas movies :-)

    ReplyDelete